2 Jun 2013

Beauty Empties February

Dear patient readers, I am really glad that you still stop by and have a look at my blog. Unfortunately, I am incredibly busy and just don't have enough time to blog much. Again, I am quite late with my beauty empties of February (and still need to prepare the one for March and April), but I still want to share. It is a very much overdue post as I even tend to forget about the products. Fortunately, I kept them in a bag ready for taking pirctures. 

In February, I prepared my move to the UK and was not that much into using up and decluttering beauty items (you'll see that it was even worse in March and April, however ;-)). So, let's immediately dive into the topic and have a look at what I emptied in February below.

Here is an overview of my empties and decluttered products in February. It is 20 items altogether and I also included 3 scented candle samples I got rid of in February as well.




A short summary and my thoughts about the emptied or decluttered products:
  • Shower gels and body lotions:
    • Blütezeit Bio-Mandel Duschbad: This is a really lovely shower gel of the organic brand of a rather cheap grocery store chain in Germany. The smell is lovely herbal and soft. It cleans very well and is not so soft to the skin. However, I think that it is a great shower gel and I loved using it and will surely repurchase it when I am back in Germany.
    • Blütezeit Bio-Mandel Body lotion: This the bodylotion that belongs to the shower gel and it also is very nice. It has a similar scent but it is not as great as in the shower gel. The lotion is very soothing and also a great bodylotion for dry and winter skin. Loved it, too, and will sure repurchase it as well.
  • Shampoos:
    • Balea Dry Shampoo: Not sooo nice. Didn't like the scent and also there sometimes was left some white residue in the hair. I don't have much experience with dry shampoos, so I cannot really judge it. In general it was ok but I would not use such a product with that features that often. Maybe if I find a better dry shampoo, I'd change my mind. I'll probably rather not repurchase it. 
    • Melvita Shampoo for frequent washes: wonderful shampoo. Very gentle, lovely scent, lovely feel. Sure repurchase!
  • Face Care
    • Caudalie Vinosource Moisture Recovery Cream for dry skin: This is a difficult product. I started using it in December and at that time it was not so cold in Germany. So, it might have been a bit too much for my skin. I immediately got spots from this cream. In January, however, when it got really cold, this cream was great. It is creamy and a cream residue stays on the skin and protects from the cold. I also didn't get any spots anymore after the first wave in December healed. I also used the Caudalie Vinosource Serum in December and stopped using it January. So, I really don't know whether it was the Serum that caused my skin to get spots. A mysterium I might try to reveal next winter. ;-)
  • Face Cleaning products:
    • Nuxe micellar water, sample: I was not so impressed. Was not good but also not bad. No repurchase.
    • Caudalie micellar water, sample: I was not so impressed. Was not good but also not bad. No repurchase.
    • Shiseido Bio Performance: Nice cleaning and subtle exfoilation pad that has to be made wet with water before use. I liked the result and also how it cleaned. It might have been a bit too aggressive but it's a really nice product. I don't know how expensive it is but I assume very expensive. Hence, I rather don't look and don't repurchase. But maybe some day.
  • Hand Care
    • Terra Naturi Hand Cream Honey and Almond: A very liquidy light hand cream. I didn't like it. For the day it didn't go into the skin quick enough and for the night it was far too light. No repurchase.
  • Soap
    • Nonique Paradise Punch Soap: Nonique offers some really nice soaps with Olive Oil. This is one of them. I don't see much of a difference between them as they all have a similar olive oil scent and are all equally soothing and nice. I'd recommend them all and not prefer any of them in particular. So, this one was nice, maybe a repurchase. Maybe, I'll buy another one of the soaps as they are all similar. ;-) But I think that I'll repurchase them as they are also perfect for washing brushes.
  • Makeup and Makeup Tools
    • 2 times the Zoeva Petit Stipling 122 brush: You see the difference between these two brushes? They are supposed to be the same, actually. They have the same name and I bought them just with a time difference of 3 to 6 months. Now they are not available anymore with Zoeva. While the small one was nice, the head got loose recently, and hence, I decided to get rid of it - also because, I found a great substitute. The bigger one was always useless for me as it was too big for cream blush and to small for everything else (I don't use foundation often and if I do, I use fingers).
    • The p2 Spring please tapered Kabuki brush: I was desperately hunting for this brush last year. It was really aweful how much I seeked for this brush. But it didn't live up to my expectations and I found myself never using it. So, I decided to get rid of it. No tapered kabuki brushes for me anymore. ;-)
    • MaxFactor Infinity lasting lip tint in the colour 02: A really nice colour. Suits me great but the taste of the product is aweful and it also not really durable. When it fades away, it does not fade away evenly but in patches which looks aweful. So, I didn't use it and decided to get rid of it. But it was an inspiring product because I then went and looked for a good high end replacement. :-)
    • Zoeva Graphic Eyes Skyline: too much glitter in this black eye pencil for my taste. So, away with it.
    • Burt's Bees tinted lip balm in Honeysuckle: Apart from the fact that the colour is not very flattering for me (I'm a summer and gold tones can be difficult), it also is not a soothing lip balm. I don't know why this product is hyped that much. I know much more soothing lip balms.
    • MAC lip conditioner in Petting Pink: I own this product for years and almost never used it. It has a nice colour but it also is not really soothing for the lips. Despite it's price and the fact that it is high end, I decided to make room for better products and to get rid of it. No repurchase!

  • Scented Candles: Yankee Candle Samplers in 
    • True Rose: didn't like that scent. No repurchase
    • Loves me, loves me not: interesting scent but no repurchase
    • Garden Hideaway: nice but maybe a bit too strong. I might repurchase it, not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment